Sacred Heart Primary

May 26, 2020
by Mrs Sinclair
0 comments

Room 1 – Tuesday 26th May 2020

Good Morning Room 1,

I’m sorry for the late post, I have had some internet problems. All fixed now.

You have until 9.30 tonight to complete our Sumdog challenge. I have coins to send over, who will complete the challenge to receive 200 gold coins???

Today let’s just look at our new sound  which is ‘ee’ Check out Geraldine the Giraffe to help you make the sound.

I’ll check in tomorrow with some more fun tasks.

Love

Mrs Sinclair xxx

May 26, 2020
by Mrs McNally
0 comments

Room 11 Meet Up

Good morning everyone,

I have sent an invite for a Teams meet up on Monday 1st of June either at 1pm or 1.30pm.

Hopefully you can make it.

Take care

Mrs McNally.

May 26, 2020
by Mrs McNally
0 comments

Room 11 Home Learning Tuesday 26th May

Good morning Room 11,

Hope you all managed to have a lovely and restful long weekend.

Here are some learning ideas for this week. Remember to do what you can, when you can and some tasks can be repeated more than once.

I have set up a My City this week with some suggested games on Education City, you will all now have your Log in and Usernames sent to your Glow email. This is rather than pods on Studyladder this week.

Take care

Mrs McNally

Room 11 Home Learning Tuesday 26th May

Correct the Sentence Punctuation.

Set 4 Common Words

Japan Comprehension Activity 

Check Your Change From-5 Pounds

Change Activity

May 26, 2020
by Miss Robertson
0 comments

Room 10 Home Learning 26.05.20

Good Morning,

Hope you all had a relaxing weekend!

I have updated our virtual classrooms with your challenges for this week, head over to Teams to find these! You’ll find it in ‘General’ or in your ‘Class Notebook’ in the ‘Class Materials’ section.

If you have and problems or questions let me know!!

Also keep an eye out for your invitation to our meeting this week, it would be nice to speak to you all, so please try and take part if you can.

Try to get outdoors also today and enjoy some of the sunshine!

May 26, 2020
by Mrs Jaconelli
0 comments

Room 13 – 26th May Home Learning

Good morning everyone!

I hope you enjoyed the long weekend. The sun is shining today so I’m sure that will cheer us all up!

For home learning this week I have something a little different. You can choose the tasks you’d like to do from the suggestions on these at-home learning cards:-

Choose tasks from the Level that you are working on, however, if you have younger siblings at home, why not help them with some tasks from the level that they are working on? That would be very impressive! I’d love to see some of your efforts.

I have sent invitations to join our Teams chats this week. Check your email to see which day and time you have been invited to, it will be either Wednesday or Thursday at 11am.

Have a lovely day, lot’s of love,

Mrs. Jaconelli.

May 26, 2020
by Mrs Hodgson (nee Houston)

P7 Poetry Challenge

Good Morning P7!

Hope you’ve all had a lovely weekend.

This week I’m challenging you to get your creative heads switched on and compose your very own ‘LOCKDOWN’ themed poems.

Poetry is so interesting as it is written from many different perspectives and insights.

If you climb a tree and look down on the world it looks completely different, that is the way it is with poets, they look at things from different heights and angles within their thoughts and that is the great thing about poetry.

So, I want you to compose a poem using your own experiences, thoughts and perspective on our current ‘lockdown’ situation. Your poem can be any style of your choice, think of the styles we have used this year in class (free verse, rhymed, acrostic and blackout poetry).

I’m looking forward to reading your poems so please share them before the end of the week.

As always, if you need any help just ask, I’m available on Teams to answer your questions or if you just want to say “Hi” that’s great too!

Stay safe and keep smiling P7…

Mrs H 🙂

May 26, 2020
by Miss MacKinnon
0 comments

Tuesday

Good morning everyone,  I hope you had a restful long weekend, I did.  I have updated your Sumdog accounts with three new challenges. Please give them a try.  Remember I will be sending coins out each day to the pupils who have logged on the previous day.  I’ve also sent out extra coins today to apologise for not sending them on Friday.

I have also updated Studyladder with some new tasks so please go on and have a look and let me know how they are.  Too easy, too hard etc?  I’d love to know so I can make working from home as easy as possible for you.

Have a wonderful week and I’m so looking forward to speaking with some of you today.  Please come and say hello if your invite is for today.  It would be lovely to hear your voice again.  I am genuinely missing you all!

May 26, 2020
by Miss Brown
0 comments

26th May

Good Morning Room 12.

I hope you are all keeping well and staying safe.

Study Ladder
Literacy and numeracy tasks have been updated on Study Ladder for you all to try.

Sumdog
Well done to everyone who competed in last week’s Sumdog Challenge, you all did great! I have set a new challenge on Sumdog for this week for you to compete in. Good luck.

Reading
Choose any book of your choice. Below are some good websites with free audio and reading books. https://www.readstoriesforkids.com/Dr-Suess-Stories.html
https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/
https://magicblox.com
https://stories.audible.com/discovery
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk    –    Login details: Username – sacredheartroom12      –     Password – sacredheart12

Microsoft Teams
Keep your eye on our Teams page, where I am uploading some additional resources for you which are optional. So far I have uploaded ‘Spelling Bingo,’ ‘Disney Music Activities’ and some fantastic Digital Literacy Mats. These can be found under the ‘Files’ section.
Tuesday is the day which we have our voice calls and is a great opportunity for us all to catch up and to let me know all of the things you have been up to at home. It is also a great chance for you to speak to me and ask me any questions that you have. I can’t wait to hear from you all today. The times for your meetings are below:
Emeralds – 12pm
Diamonds AND Rubies – 12.30pm

If you have any questions, you can communicate with me in the comments, send me an e-mail or I am available on our Room 12 Microsoft team.

Miss Brown.

May 26, 2020
by Mrs Bradley
0 comments

Room 6 Monday 26th May 2020

Tuesday 21st April- Welcome Back! – Broughton Primary

Good morning Room 6! I hope you had a lovely weekend. Here are your tasks for today:

Spelling Reading Numeracy P.E. Fun Task
Common Words

three

room

long

tree

Write your common words 3 times and write a sentence for each.

Oxford Owl

Log in to the Oxford Owl website. Please click on My class login at the top of the page and login with these details

Username: sacredheartroom6

Password: Room6

Choose an e book to read and complete the activities that come with that book.

Sumdog

Log in to your Sumdog account and play for 20 minutes. Try to win as many coins as you can.

Cosmic Kids Yoga.

Go on to the Cosmic Kids Yoga website and choose an activity to do.

https://www.

cosmickids.com/

Car Ramp!

Use a piece of cardboard to make a ramp to race cars down.

Good luck!

Mrs Bradley xx