Collecting your child from school after the visit to the Panto at Motherwell Theatre
On Friday 27th November the whole school will be going to see “Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs” at Motherwell Concert Hall and Theatre. We are booked for the afternoon performance, which starts at 1.15pm and lasts approximately 2 hours 30 mins. We should return around 4.45pm onwards however we have 7 buses coming back therefore it will be extremely busy.
In order to ensure the safety of all pupils I would ask that you read the following information and follow the procedures for picking up your child from 4.45pm onwards
- Please do not park on Footfield Road, near the school, as this will delay the buses from dropping off children.
- There will be no crossing patrol on return to school, therefore I would advise that all children be collected from inside the school building.
- No child will be dismissed without an adult until all the buses have returned.
- Only 1 adult should come into the building to collect child/ren.
Buses will need to exit from Footfield Road via Busby Road, please do not block this corner or the buses will not be able to turn to exit and this will create further congestion.
- Parents should park well away from the school. Please note there will be no access to the staff car park.
- Buses will drive along Footfield Road and stop outside the school to let the children get off the bus, all children will come back into school.
- No child will be dismissed from the bus or outside of the school
- All children will come back inside the school and go to their class with their teacher.
- In order to minimise the number of adults in the building I would ask that only 1 adult comes inside to collect your child/ren.
- Adults collecting child/ren are welcome to wait in the school hall but please be aware that this will be extremely busy. Please take a seat in the hall, do not stand in reception as this will block children coming into the building.
- Once your child’s bus / class have returned an announcement will be made in the school hall asking the adult waiting to go to the identified area / class to pick up their child/ren. Please follow the directions from staff and parent helpers.
- Where you have more than 1 child in school, I have arranged for your child/ren to go the class of the youngest child in your family, so that you can collect all your children together. There may be a delay where some buses have not yet returned and therefore you are asked to be patient and wait in the appropriate class /area along with your youngest child and staff.
- Pupil exits will be open to allow adults and children to exit the building, walk through the playground and leave via pupil entrance gates. The infant and senior playgrounds are floodlit however the back gate will not be open, as there are no lights to this area.
I would ask that you take great care in crossing the roads in and around the school on your way home.
Please complete and return the slip on the letter by Wednesday 25th November indicating the adult who will collect your child/ren.
Where you choose to give permission for your child to walk home alone, please note that s/he will not be dismissed until all of the buses have returned, as there is no crossing patrol in place.
Procedures above are to ensure that all of our children are dismissed safely into the care of the identified adult collecting them.
I would like to thank you in advance for your co-operation and patience, I know that this is a busy time of year and that many of you have other commitments, return times are dependent on traffic, weather conditions and everyone’s co-operation in following procedures.
If you have any questions regarding this event please contact the school directly.
The information above is taken from the PantoParentalInfoLetter which was sent home in school bags Monday 23rd November. Additional copies can be downloaded here.