247tales (homework)

247 tales

The theme for April is ‘The Joke’. Please submit your short stories on Monday 18th April either handwritten or printed (no memory sticks this time – sorry!).  Remember to write your name and the word count (less than 247, of course!) on your entry. I look forward to reading these and sending them off to the Bloomsbury competition!

‘Our guest author this month is bestselling teen writer Celia Rees. Celia has written a 247tale with her audience in mind but remember you can interpret the theme as widely as you wish.’ http://247tales.wordpress.com/

4 thoughts on “247tales (homework)

1. Hi miss,
    hope you are having a good holiday…
    Was hoping you could give me some ideas on what to write my story on because I don’t know what to write about.
    Laura 🙂

2. Hi Laura, I’m having a lovely holiday thank you. I hope you are too! It’s good to see you’re making a start on the homework. The theme this month is ‘The Joke’ so you could write a light-hearted humorous story about a verbal or practical joke in which the characters have fun. The other option would be to write a more serious story about the darker side to ‘jokes’ as sometimes they can go wrong or are meant to hurt people (emotionally or physically). Let me know if you need any more advice, I’m here (and happy) to help! Miss Donoughue 🙂

3. Hi Miss Donoughue!
    I was wordering if I could write my story on a practical joke??
    Would that be ok ???
    Heather xx:)

4. Hi Heather. Of course, the ‘The Joke’ is a theme and it’s up to you what the plot of the story is! I look forward to reading it. Miss Donoughue 🙂