Celebrity Culture

Class 2.1 are studying the phenomenon of Celebrity Culture that is sweeping through the nation. They will explore:

What is Celebrity Culture?

Why is it so popular?

How is it promoted?

What is the effect and impact?

Students will then write a persuasive piece of writing either for or against Celebrity Culture.

9 thoughts on “Celebrity Culture

1. hello again 😀
    I think this topic will be really fun and will give us a break from essays and so on. We should all work hard.

2. It’s good to hear from you, Holly. I’m delighted the class enjoyed studying ‘Up’ but, just like you, I’m looking forward to starting our new project!

3. Hi Nicola. There’s no written homework for our Celebrity Culture topic but if you see, hear or read anything interesting you can always take a note! Homework for the Easter homework is 247 tales – have a look at the new update on the class page for more information. Enjoy the holiday!

4. Hi Reece! The theme this month is ‘The Joke’. Visit our class page for more information. Miss Donoughue 🙂

5. Nicole H, in reply to your post here’s a word-bank of words referring to her behaviour and image which might help!

provocative inappropriate revealing disgraceful controversial

Miss Donoughue 🙂

6. Hi Miss. I hope you have enjoyed your weekend :)!
    I’ve just to do my conclusion for my essay. I read the part of the essay plan that tells you how to do your conclusion and it tells you that you have to say which side you agree with. I agree with both sides of my arguement so can I write that. (I’m doing a balanced arguement).

7. Hi Nicola, you can say that you were convinced by both sides of the argument and explain why you were unable to choose a side. However, if you can lean (even slightly) to one side it is also good to take a stance. Hope that helps! Miss Donoughue 🙂