Greatest Briton Project

Every pupil is given the name of a British person considered to be a ‘Great Briton’. Their challenge is to research this person and then deliver a solo talk that will persuade their classmates that their person really is the greatest! After everyone has presented, we will vote for the person we think is the Greatest Briton based on the information given and how well the person persuaded us! Good Luck! 

AND THE WINNER OF THE GREATEST BRITON COMPETITION IS…

JAMIE OLIVER

THANKS TO AMY CAMPBELL’S EXCELLENT PERSUSIVE SPEECH!

WELL DONE AMY!

P.S. DVD COMING TO A CLASSROOM NEAR YOU…

11 thoughts on “Greatest Briton Project

1. Well Done Nicola! I hope you’ve enjoyed researching your ‘Great Briton’. I can’t wait to hear all about him or her next week! You can relax this weekend now that you’ve done all your homework. 🙂

2. Hello.

That’s me finished my talk I just have to practice it over the weekend.
    I have J.K Rowling and I have never read any of the Harry Potter books in my life but the research I have done on J.K have been extremely interesting.

Hope you all like my presentation on Mon, Tue, Wed.

Holly:D.
    xxxx

3. Great work Holly! I’m glad you enjoyed researching J.K Rowling as I know you love Roald Dahl (like me) and wished, at the time, that you’d been given him! But, like I said, finding out about someone you don’t know anything about can be fun too! We will all definitely enjoy your presentation next week Holly! 🙂

4. Miss Im Still Majourly Stuck Finding Info On Sir Steve Redgrave, And My Laptop Decided To Break So I Am Having To Write It Out And Not Do A Powerpoint

5. miss?
    i cant find any websites that tell me why john lennon is considered one of the greatest britons, not even the bbc will tell me. any ideas ?xx

6. Hi Rachel. Remember the challenge is for you to research your Briton’s life and their achievements and then argue why you think they are a Great Briton. You won’t find a website that simply answers that question. Hope that helps!

7. We’ll get started much quicker tomorrow so I’m sure you’ll get your turn – I’m looking forward to it! And it’s nice to see you supporting your classmates Nicola – you’re right, everyone did great today!