‘Up’ – Media Unit

‘Carl Fredicksen, a retired balloon salesman, is part rascal, part dreamer who is ready for his last chance at high-flying excitement. Tying thousands of balloons to his house, Carl sets off to the lost world of his childhood dreams. Unbeknownst to Carl, Russell, an overeager 8-year old Wildnerness Explorer who has never ventured beyond his backyard, is in the wrong place at the wrong time – Carl’s front porch! The world’s most unlikely duo reach new heights and meets fantastic friends like Dug, a dog with a special collar that allows him to speak, and Kevin, the rare 13-foot tall flightless bird. Stuck together in the wilds of the jungle, Carl realizes that sometimes life’s biggest adventures aren’t the ones you set out for.’
http://adisney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/up/main.html

Class 2.1 will study plot and characterisation but also look at how directors Pete Doctor and Bob Peterson use cinematographic techniques such as: sound and music, lighting and colour, camerawork and mis-en-scene to create this fantastic film!

2 thoughts on “‘Up’ – Media Unit

1. Hi 🙂 I’m finding our media study interesting , I had thought about watching up a while ago but it never appealed to me but I’m glad i’ve watched it now x

2. Hi Rebecca! I thought you were enjoying it as you’ve offered some excellent points during class discussion – keep it up! 🙂

How do others feel about the media unit?