The parent council in Moorpark Primary School play an active part in the school. They meet every month. They are always looking for new members. If you are interested in becoming involved or have an enquiry, please contact Debbie Galloway at email@example.com. You can also leave a message at the school office.
Parent Council Office Bearers
Chairperson : Debbie Galloway
Vice Chair: Lisa McGuiness
Treasurer: Caroline Kennedy
Secretary: Michelle Carlyle
Parent Council Information
The Scottish Parliament has passed a law called the Scottish Schools (Parental Involvement) Act 2006 to encourage and support more parents to become involved in their children’s education.
The objectives of the Parent Council are:
1) To work in partnership with staff to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents.
2) To promote partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents
3) To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
4) To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of pupils
5) To be involved in the recruitment process for appointing the Head Teacher and Depute Head Teacher of the school.