P3K Home learning Week Beginning 1st June

Hello boys and girls !

Welcome to another week of home learning.  I hope you have managed to get out and enjoy some of the lovely sunshine we have been having over the past few days!

As always we have loved seeing all your hard work.  Thank you to everyone who has sent in pictures and emails to keep us up to date with what you have been up to.  We are very proud of how hard you are working.

It was lovely to see so many of you at our class meet on Teams on Wednesday.  For those of you who couldn’t make it along the link below will take you to a video guide to show you how to draw a sausage dog.  This is the activity we all attempted during our team meet.  Have a go!  We’d love to see the results.  I’ve also included a link to show you how to draw a turtle which proved to be quite a popular animal when we were discussing which animal we’d like to be and why!

How to draw a sausage dog

How to draw a turtle

Maths

In maths this week I’d like you to have a go at using your maths skills to solve some problems.  The Witch’s Spell challenge involves investigating different ways to make 24.  If you fancy something a bit trickier have a look at the Planning a Trip challenge which involves adding larger numbers.  First calculate the total cost of the trip on the sheet. The budget for the trip was £100.00.  Would there be any money left over?  Next try planning your own trip and keeping a record of how much each activity or treat would cost.

Try to keep your number skills sharp by spending some time on Sumdog and Activelearn too.  Perhaps you could have a go at learning a new times table so impress your new teacher with when we go back to school?

The Witch’s Spell Challenge

Planning a Trip activity

Reading, writing  and a little bit of science.

Rainbows, rainbows everywhere!  Since lockdown began rainbows have been appearing in windows everywhere.  Perhaps you have made one for your window?  The booklet below contains LOTS of activities to do with rainbows.  You don’t need to print out the booklet and you don’t have to do them all.  Pick a few that you like the look of and have a go.  Remember that a little bit of really good writing is better than lots that you have rushed.  Think about how you are sitting and holding your pencil and remember to re read anything you write to check it makes sense.  If you spot any mistakes, correct them.

P3 Rainbows Writing Unit

Health and Wellbeing

Now the sun is out and we are allowed to get out and about a bit more I’d like you to think about how to stay safe when you are near water.  Have a good look at the pictures below.  There are a LOT of people being silly!  See if you can spot the dangers and make a list of them in your head.  Can you design a poster reminding people how to stay safe near water.  Remember to make it bright and colourful and to include some useful advice.  Send me a picture of your finished poster so I can share it with all your friends.

Spot the dangers pictures

Keeping Active

Remember to keep logging your activities at Travel to Tokyo.  Click on the link below to visit the site.  You can find the page for Bishopmill by entering our post code IV30 4DY

Travel to Tokyo Activity Log

Health week

We have lots of exciting plans for this year’s “Health week with a Difference”!  Please visit the Health Week page on the website for information about what is to come and to find out what we would like you to do in preparation for the events.

Article of the Week

Our Article of the Week is Article 7 which states that all children have the right to a name and to belong to a country.

Your name is very important!  Speak to your grown ups about where your first name came from.  Did they choose it because it belonged or belongs to someone special in your family?  Did they choose it because it means something special?  Did they choose it simply because they liked it?  Most names have a meaning.  Do some research to find out what your name means.

You might have spotted that my first name has an “h” hiding in it.  It can be a bit annoying as people always forget to put it in but it is important to me as it is how people in Holland spell my name.  It reminds me that my Grandma was from Holland.  I’m very glad my Mum and Dad gave me a name which helps me to remember my ancestors!

Keeping in touch

Remember you can send pictures of your work to me via direct message to our class twitter page, or by emailing me at gw15kirkmanjohanna@glow.sch.uk 

If your grown ups have any questions then they can reach me there too!  We will meet again on Teams at 1030 on Wed June 3rd for a  maths challenge.  To join the meeting simply log on to the P3K Team just before 1030.  Once I open the meeting you should be able to join us.  You won’t be able to see your friends, but you should be able to hear them and see me and Mrs kendrick.  It’s a bit strange to start with but its a great way to feel part of P3K again!  If you feel shy about speaking don’t worry.  You can just listen and watch what is going on.

I hope to hear from you then.  Meanwhile keep on working hard, and keeping active.  You are all amazing (and so are your grown ups!).

Stay safe and keep smiling.

Mrs Kirkman

FROM A LITTLE ACORN GROWS A MIGHTY OAK