P4/5 Week 8

Welcome to another week of learning.  You are all doing amazingly well in such difficult circumstances.  Keep being positive and try to do some of the tasks I am setting.  As a school we are doing our upmost to support you.  If you need a call for support, guidance, just email and I will get in touch.  And on a personal note,  I miss my P4/5W.  Keep smiling and do what work you can.

This week I would like to reinforce what we did for story writing.  Remember we did a character description, we set the scene using lots of adjectives.  I’m going to give you a choice of story starters and try and use as many adjectives and adverbs as you can.  E.g.  The huge, fluffy dog dashed into the bushes quickly.

1.  They looked up into the sky and couldn’t believe their eyes!
  2.   It was just the best day to be at the beach.
  3.   Suddenly they all shouted SURPRISE!

I got some super videos after our speech mark challenge.  Maybe this could be an extension when you’ve finished.  I didn’t realise we had such great actors in the class!

It’s also important that you keep reading.   There are lots of great sites that let you download e books.  Click on the 1st or 2nd level packs to get an idea of what to choose.

This week we are focussing on subtraction.  Focus on its always the number on top that you are subtracting from.  If it’s less than the number below you need to exchange from the next column.  If you are confused you can send me an e mail and I can arrange a time to call.  Twinkl and Primary Resources have excellent work sheets and I have set some challenges on Sumdog.

RRS

Definition: Article 7 – birth registration, name, nationality, care.
Every child has the right to be registered at birth, to have a name and nationality, and, as far as possible, to know and be cared for by their parents.
Introduction Thinking Question – How can your name and nationality be respected?
Possible Answers:
§ By being called your preferred name (shortened or in full)
§ Your name being pronounced properly and spelt correctly
§ A birth certificate
§ A passport (if you need to travel out of the UK)
§ You are encouraged to be proud of your name and nationality.
§ You get a chance to celebrate your national identity perhaps with a special day, food or music.

Possible Activities to understand, demonstrate or show examples of the article.
1. Create a sign with your name on – this could be with paper and pen, paint or a collage with indoor or outdoor materials.
2. Can you write an acrostic poem with your name and words that describe you?
3. Draw an identity hand! Draw around one of your hands, write your full name in the thumb area, in the next finger, write your date of your birth, put the country you call home in the next finger. Then in the last two fingers, write the names of two adults who are important for you, like you parents, carers or grandparents. Draw the flag of your nationality on the palm. Finish your picture with your favourite colours or designs. Share these with your class and teacher. 4. Read The Name Jar or watch the video and think about whether you respect other children’s names. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu2k829FSBU
5. Draw a picture of a memorable birthday. Create a bar chart to show the most popular birthday month amongst your friends or family. Try to include at least 10 people.
6. What is your nationality? Do you know what the national flag looks like? Look at other flags, pick a favourite and find out which country it belongs to.                                                                                                      7. Design your own coat of arms with things that represent your identity – perhaps the things you like to do such as hobbies or sports.

P.E

This looks like great  fun.  Give it a go!

https://imoves.com/files/imovement-resources/dice-challenge.pdf

Technology

My challenge this week is to make a desk tidy unit.  Gather water bottles, boxes, whatever you can find.  Paint or decorate them.  You have proven you are resourceful and are little warriors that I am so proud of P4/5  .  Keep going. Good luck!!!

FROM A LITTLE ACORN GROWS A MIGHTY OAK