P3K Home Learning Week beginning 11 May 2020

Hello P3K and welcome to a new week of learning.  

Thursday and Friday of this week are in service days so I am setting less work as those are days for you to relax and have a rest!  As always I have LOVED seeing what you have been up to in the last week.  I have managed to speak to some of your parents too, to get an update on how you are getting on.  If you’ve not yet had a call I will be in touch shortly!  I am really looking forward to seeing you all at our Teams meeting on Wednesday.  I’m a wee bit nervous as it is all very new to me.  Some of you are probably better at technology than I am, so I’m sure you will keep me right!

Reading, Writing and Art

I have added a link below to a great unit of work you can work through.  It has some reading, writing and art activities included.  You could print the booklet off to work through, but you don’t have to.  The activities could easily be completed on plain paper.  There are a LOT of activity ideas in the booklet.  You don’t have to do them all!  If the story is tricky for you to read alone, ask a grown up to read it with you.  Remember to use your thumb tool if you come across a word you are unsure of!  I will include the link on next week’s page too as you may want to keep going with these activities then.  Your lighthouses were amazing, so I hope some of you  get as far as making your own magic boxes!

Pandora’s box writing unit

Maths

I would like you to keep practising your times tables this week by playing  a game.  Click on the link below for the instructions.

Times Table Game

Remember to keep logging on to sumdog and active learn .  There are lots of fun games you can play there to keep your maths skills sharp.  Please get in touch with me if you can’t find your log in details.

Health and Wellbeing

You are all amazing!  Learning at home and staying cheerful is a challenge but I am so proud of everything that you have been achieving.  Some people have learnt to ride their bikes.  Some people have grown vegetables.  Some people have sent letters to people which I’m sure will have spread some happiness!  Think about what makes you special and unique.  You can print out the sheet linked below and fill it in, or draw your own picture.  These finished pictures will be very special.  Please share them with me.

I am an amazing person

Remember to head on over to Mis McNab’s PE page for some ideas on how to keep active!

Have a great week.  Stay safe and Mrs kendrick and I hope to catch up with you on Wednesday at 10.00 at our Teams class meet up!

FROM A LITTLE ACORN GROWS A MIGHTY OAK