Keeeeeep Dancing!

This time of year is my favourite for a few reasons, one being that Strictly Come Dancing is back to grace our TV screens every Saturday night. I have been an avid follower for the last few years and will put my hands up and say I probably get far too into it. This year, like always, there is a wide range of dancing abilities within the group of celebrities participating and, for the first time, there is a para-athlete in the line up and I am so excited. Jonnie Peacock is a double Paralympic gold medallist who and was five when he contacted meningitis, which left him needing to have his right leg amputated from below the knee.

This Saturday, the celebrities showcased their second dances, which ranged from Charleston to the Viennese Waltz. When it was announced that Jonnie Peacock would dance the Jive I was eager to see how his partner Oti would choreograph his dance. As he can get little to no spring from his right foot, he wore a blade.

What an inspiration. This man wowed a nation on Saturday and was absolutely incredible. I was in complete awe and felt the tears streaming down my face, despite the jive being a happy and energetic dance. Growth Mindset right there – defying all odds and dancing his heart out. I can’t wait to see what he does next!