YOU DID WHA-….Oh don’t worry about it!

I just sat down on the train and opened up my laptop ready to write my blog post on reflection and reading my peers blog posts when much to my horror the guy across from me spilt is coffee ALL OVER THE TABLE. I tried to get a picture of the mess but was too busy frantically trying to save my laptop and react quickly to the situation. Says a lot about our society as a whole though doesn’t it, as soon as something happens we immediately think to photograph it. Here is the outcome of the situation though.. a lot of tissues.

12596870_10208454041249136_1352168278_oSo yeah, change of plan. This is what I’m writing about for the time being.

It kind of happened in slow motion, he took the lid off (who knows why) and it went absolutely everywhere. And because we are on a train, it was rocking back and forth, spilling one way then the other. I could have easily gone mental at him and made his life a hell of a lot worse by making him feel bad. But I am fine, my laptop survived (thank god) and nobody died, to put it quite simply. That’s all that matters. I thought to myself, what’s the point in making a big deal?

And then something came to mind; things like this are going to happen on a daily basis when I go into the school. Things are not going to go to plan. Lessons that I have sat for hours preparing could be thrown out the window purely based on a child’s change of behaviour. A fire alarm might go off. A concept might not be understood the way you thought about. The list is endless. You just have to take a breather and try to process how to fix the situation rather than focus on the negatives. I need to be patient, which I definitely was. It really isn’t the end of the world, and when things go wrong, it’s good to be able to reflect on them.

Honestly, I’m glad this happened, as weird as it sounds. Although I now stink of coffee, I have learned a life lesson. Another box I can tick. The glass is half full, I can wash my jeans! Expect the unexpected…but try to keep your lid on your coffee when you’re on a train, just to be on the safe side.

4 thoughts on “YOU DID WHA-….Oh don’t worry about it!

1. This was a fab read- I thoroughly enjoy the fun way you approach your posts. The thought of this happening to me is horrible but the way you’ve approached it is fab and enlightening.
    Here’s hoping we don’t have to face any spilt coffee in our classes!

Reply