Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Self-confidence

Take risks
 Organise and plan
Manage Time
 Make presentations

Act as a leader
 Listen to others
 Debate formally and informally

Take notes

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
 Organise and plan  To keep on top of all work and ensure everything is submitted on time.
 Manage time  To prioritise what should be completed first and set out time to complete this work.
 Act as a leader  I will support and encourage others and offer help and advice when needed.
 Listen to others  Ensuring that all voices are heard in a group and considering everything said.
 Take notes  Keep a note of ideas you have seen or heard to share with the rest of the group. This could also be helpful for when you are stuck for an idea in placement.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.

Part B – Activity 1

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills not yet developed How will I develop these How do I know (evidence)**
 Self confidence  By ensuring that I speak up when I have an idea no matter what it is.
Take risks  By having a mindset that risks can be overcome by creating pathways around the risk.
 Make presentations  By having more confidence to stand up and speak and remember that someone might learn something from what I say.
 Debate formally and informally  Always share my opinion in a respectful manner as it may be something someone hasn’t thought of before.