Here I am, an MA2 student

…Second time around! 

This time last year I stated, and I quote:
“Being an undergraduate student provides opportunities to learn, develop, gain experience and demonstrate work ethic; it is an opportunity to be fulfilled and endeavoured.”
And that is what I’ve done and continue to do. First year was challenging in many ways, as it was all new, all the experiences were new: moving to Dundee, matriculating as a University student, meeting new people, starting those scary things called lectures, submitting assignments in a form you’ve never had to do before! It was all new at that time, one year ago, but now it’s second nature.

First year entailed many academic challenges – for example, Harvard Referencing took some time to thoroughly understand, which, I would say, is still an ongoing and developing skill of mine. The next challenge, figuring out the ePortfolio we were presented with, to record personal and professional reflections, ideas and views. Placement was also a challenging element of the course itself, as every day I was faced with something new to learn or experience. I say this was challenging, but the six-week placement period was an extremely valuable learning experience and confidence-grower!

Now, as an MA2 student, I can say my confidence has grown throughout first year and I’m excited for what second year of the course entails…