Introduction

Hi guys! My name is Chloe McNeill and I am an undergraduate student at the University of the West of Scotland (UWS) currently studying Primary Teaching. When I was still at high school, becoming a primary teacher wasn’t my first career choice. I originally wanted to be a paediatrician (children’s doctor) but when I was in fourth year and work experience was round the corner a problem arose with my first choice. There were two of us going for the same placement at the local hospital and the only other option available was at the local primary school. I always knew that I wanted to work with children and because of this I dropped out of the hospital placement and went to the primary school instead as I knew I would do better in that setting than the other person. At first I was a little disappointed, as I really wanted to experience the hospital in a professional capacity rather than as a patient, but after my first day of work experience at the primary school I knew that that was what I wanted to do and paediatrics was a distant memory.

So, now you know a little about my background and why I got into teaching in the first place.

I am currently taking a module called ‘Digital Technologies’ and this blog will mainly focus on what I do throughout this module. I’m hoping to write a weekly blog about what this module consists of and how it will help me in my future career as a teacher.