How did gender effect you as a child?

Looking back on my childhood, I can’t really remember a time where I noticed any discrimination or unfairness due to gender. However at events such as sports day or even at athletics our class would be split up into boys races and girls races, or girls teams and boys teams. Which at the time I didn’t think anything of, but I know think that this could give the impression that girls aren’t as good at sport as boys and that they cant compete to the same level. Another thing today’s lecture has made me reflect on is that girls could get away with more than boys. This wasn’t the case in all classrooms, but I believe that it is stereotypical for girls to want to chat and gossip so they are more likely to get away with chatting in the classrooms than boys, which definitely happened in some of the classes. I think that it can be extremely hard for a teacher to break through stereotypes related to gender and sometimes teachers’ do not even notice that they are treating children different due to their gender. But also children do not often pick up on this.