My Proposal

(written 22nd February)

In the box below please write a short placement proposal statement explaining:

• What the placement is
  • Why you have chosen this setting
  • What you think the benefits of the placement will be
  • What you think you would be able to bring to the placement

(500 words maximum)

For my Learning from Life placement I am going to “The Brae – Riding For The Disabled”. This placement will help me work on my communication with everyone but specifically people with disabilities. This placement will also let me see how animals can help people who struggle with their disabilities. I hope that this placement will help me in these areas as well as to discover the best ways to communicate with adults and children with disabilities.

I have chosen this setting for my placement for a couple of reasons. The first reason is that I have previously visited Riding for Disabled places with a family friend and I have seen how much help they give people with disabilities. The second reason that I have chosen this setting is that I think it will be extremely educational for me to work with people with physical disabilities so that if I have a child that has physical disabilities I can help them in the best way possible.

The benefits of this placement will be learning new communication skills which will be hugely beneficial for me in the classroom. I will also learn new ways in which to communicate with people which will come in useful across all stages of school but more so in the early years as children at this stage may all communicate differently. This placement will also assist me with being able to communicate appropriately with any parent or children who have a disability. I will get to work in a setting that I have never before seeing how different techniques can be used to help children and adults.

I think I will be able to bring enthusiasm and a different outlook to this placement. Coming from an educational background will make me look at my tasks from a different perspective. Also, looking at things in this way will mean that I may come up with different ways to complete these tasks. I can also help this organisation come up with new ways to campaign their work within schools and show children what they do.