MA1 Placement

My goals for my 1PP1 placement at Downfield Primary School.

• Goal 1 – to plan my lessons to meet all of the learner’s abilities (SPR 3.1.1)

There is a huge range to abilities in my placement classroom and they differ greatly. I do not want any of my pupil’s to find the work that I set too difficult or too easy. I am worried that I will struggle to plan and teach for such a varied class.

• Goal 2 – behaviour management strategies (SPR, 3.2.2)

Before this placement I have never taught to a whole class. Previously, I have only taken whole classes to play games before lunchtime or at the end of the day. When you are playing games children tend to behave pretty well for you as you are doing something fun. This is completely different when you are teaching as it may not be as exciting for them as a game would be. As I do not have much experience of controlling behaviour it is something I want to focus on.

• Goal 3 – evaluating my practice (SPR, 3.4.2)

I find evaluating my lessons and my teaching quite difficult. I want to be able to properly reflect on my practice so that I can use my reflections to better my teaching. Part of this goal for me is to work with my class teachers to find out what they think of my teaching and work on what they say about my practice.