Molly Doull UWS ITE ePDP

Giving Feedback

Both mine and my partners note on strengths and weaknesses were very closely aligned. We both agree that the teacher was extremely enthusiastic about they tasks the kids were doing and listened to all the children’s ideas and questions. He also avoided the use of fillers such as em, ah and um. However we both agreed that the teacher could have spoken more clearly as sometimes we felt that he mumbled, I addition we felt that he could try to display more positive body language as he often stood with his arms folded.

Nothing really surprised us in the videos as we both agreed that feedback was an extremely important tool in a teachers development, and that is helpful in highlighting certain things that could be improved within your teaching style that even you couldn’t see. I found this takes relatively easy however I the video where we had to observe the teacher, I found it quite hard to fill out some of the sections because in the short video clip that we saw the activity didn’t show example of him undertaking all the aspects he was being observed on.

I feel that I am now extremely clear on the difference between feedback and judgement and I will now be able to give more insightful and worthwhile feedback while I am out on placement. The one idea that I will take with me on placement is that reflective practice and feedback are extremely important in your development as a teacher. In general I am extremely excited to being going on placement and am looking forward to being able to put some of the skills I have learned through situated communication into practice. As well as being able to physically see what has been talked about in lecture in practice.