Milngavie Early Years Centre

news for parents

Rainy Day Art with Elaine Jeffrey

Elaine has sent us some lovely rainy day activities.  I hope you enjoy trying these!

Hi everyone,

As it has been raining for the last couple of days, I thought that we would look at some creative activities to do in the rain.

Rain Art

For this activity all you need is kitchen roll and felt tip pens.

Take a piece of kitchen roll and decorate it using the pens, use as many colours as you can for the best results. I drew a flower and some patterns.

Now put your picture on a tray or lid (I had to put little plant pots in the corners to hold the paper down as it was really windy) and set it out in the rain and watch the changes that the rain makes to it! These are my pictures after they had been hit by the rain drops! Look how they changed.

You can now bring your pictures indoors to dry.

Wet Chalk Drawing/Writing

It’s a different experience to draw with chalk on a wet surface. The colours are more vibrant and the chalk is easier to draw with too! Here are drawings that I made on the slabs in my garden.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and I look forward to seeing you all next week.

Elaine J. x