Milngavie Early Years Centre

news for parents

Eileen’s Watching Birds & the Night Sky and Claire’s Number Walk!

Here is a post from Eileen

Hi everyone, hope you are all safe and well and enjoying some of our suggested activities at home. Did anyone make a bird feeder? I’ve had a few birds at mine but they have flown away before I’ve got my camera ready! 😆 This is a picture of my niece, Lily who watched the video then made her own bird feeders. Lily was very pleased with herself.
SUPPORTING WELLBEING THROUGH PLAY
Today I’m going to tell your grown ups about an activity pack they can find online. It has been developed by Play Scotland and it gives ideas of things you can do at home during lockdown.
My favourite suggested activity is an evening walk. At this time of year it is dark well before bedtime so maybe getting wrapped up warm and going for a walk before bed might help make you sleepy. If there are stars ⭐️ in the sky, you might be able to see shapes or patterns. Maybe you could try and count the stars too? Or maybe you could play torch the in the garden when it gets dark.
Bye for now girls and boys. Take care and hope to see you all soon.
Eileen 🤗
Claire has been on a very special number walk – look what she found!

Hello boys and girls!

Today, I went on a very special walk.  I went on a number walk.  I tried to find as many numbers as I could.  I saw numbers on houses, cars, signposts and lampposts.

Why don’t you go out for a number walk with your Mummy, Daddy or whoever is looking after you, and see what numbers you can find.  Try and spot more numbers than the grown up you are with!

Here are some pictures of the numbers I spotted while out on my walk.  What numbers did I find? Have a look!

We will go out for a number walk around the Nursery and the village once we are all back together at Nursery again.  I can’t wait!

Lots of Love from CLAIRE XXXX