Milngavie Early Years Centre

news for parents

Some stories and songs for a cold and frosty morning

Over the next couple of weeks we are going to have a wee look at some Scottish traditions, stories and songs. Today’s song is about 3 Craws, and rather than torture you with my singing, I have found a link to watch instead.  This is one of our favourite Scots songs in nursery- we usually sing it at our Burns’ Supper- and it would be really nice if you could learn it to sing to your family too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckhyx9QCMpo

Elaine and her daughter Lily have sent me this great crafty tartan activity-  why not give it a wee try!

Here’s Elaine’s message:

Hi boys and girls! I hope you are all well and keeping safe.  As it is January and next week we celebrate Robert Burns I thought it would be nice for us to design your own tartan.
What you will need:
paper (a mix of different colours if you have them)
scissors
glue
pens/pencils/crayons (if you don’t have coloured paper)
Here is an example of one I made using paper strips.  My daughter Lily also made one too.
Why don’t you ask if your grown up has any tartan clothes or you might have some yourself to see the different colours and patterns.
Tartan is usually made from wool and is a very cosy material – just right for a cold and frosty morning.
Our next activity for today is a listening one – Lisa has sent us a video of a great Julia Donaldson story called Sharing a Shell
Apologies for the video yesterday which wouldn’t play – to hear Josh’s story, please click this new link.