Holmes-Rahe Stress Inventory

Upon completing the Holmes-Rahe stress inventory test, I found that I am 50% likely to suffer from a major health breakdown within the next two years as I received a score of 297. This could be understandable due to the fact that I am currently stressed and worried about university as well as other personal issues I happening in my life at the moment. These issues, especially feeling stressed about university, will most likely worsen and help cause this major breakdown. I feel that 50% is quite high and it worries me that this is quite likely to happen. Having had quite a few changes happen in my life within the past year, I feel that stress was inevitable and I am not surprised at the result I received. I am aware that these changes have had a significant impact on my life as I have left school and came to university, which is a completely different environment and requires me to be much more independent, and I have also lost a lot of friends due to leaving school. This is something which everyone expects to happen but is nonetheless still damaging to oneself. Some of the life events listed on the Holmes-Rahe test which I found applied to me are a lack of sleep, the revision of personal habits and a major change in social activities. I have found that since attending university, I have lost several hours of sleep per night from my usual routine as I try to balance uni, work and my social life. However, my social habits have still suffered as a result of time management and prioritising. This is something which causes me stress as I do not see my friends or family as much as I would like to.