Why I want to be a teacher

As a young child in primary school, my school teacher stood as a great role model for me. A strong and positive relationship was built between the teacher and the class as a whole, making the class seem like a very positive community. This has always inspired my goal of being a primary school teacher, as it would be such a rewarding career path – one where I would have the chance to have a positive impact on the lives of many.

My weekly volunteering in a primary school brought me closer to this career goal in general. It was an inspiring and insightful experience for me, one where there were challenges but also amazing moments of development and connection. One aspect that stuck out for me in particular and drove my passion for this career path, was helping the children gain confidence in themselves, and pushing them towards their full potential. The potential possible within the four walls of the classroom was inspiring, stimulating, and made each day very interesting.

The stimulating and varied nature of this career is a key reason why I want to go down this route, no two days would ever be the same and this is a very exciting aspect of the job.

Welcome to your WordPress eportfolio

Welcome to your ePortfolio. This is where you will document and share your professional thoughts and experiences over the course of your study at the University of Dundee and beyond that when you begin teaching. You have the control over what you want to make public and what you would rather keep on a password protected page.

The ePortfolio in the form of this WordPress blog allows you to pull in material from other digital sources:

You can pull in a YouTube video:

You can pull in a Soundcloud audio track:

You can upload an image or pull one in from Flickr or any other image sharing site.

Teacher, Lorraine Lapthorne conducts her class in the Grade Two room at the Drouin State School, Drouin, Victoria

You can just about pull in anything that you think will add substance and depth to your writing.