Kerry Graham UWS ITE ePDP

Starting A New Adventure

Starting a new adventure in your life can be quite scary as well as exciting. After having started my own new adventure recently I can confirm this was the way that I felt. On my first day of university I was very nervous about this new pathway, I had hundreds of questions that I wanted answers to but was unsure of where to go to find them. I had no family or older friends who had gone in to further education so I couldn’t turn to them, I didn’t know anyone who was going to be going to university with me, I felt so alone.

But it didn’t take long before settling in.  As soon as I walked in to the university, there were many others in the same shoes as me, starting a brand new adventure in their lives. I met so many people on my first day, from all different places and kinds of backgrounds. I made friends with people whom I will be friends with for the duration of my time at university and hopefully for much longer.

After having spent nearly 2 months at university now, I feel as if I have known the place for years not just months. Everybody is very friendly and more than happy to help, which makes me feel that I am now part of the university community and there was no need to be as nervous as I was before my first day.