Kerry Graham UWS ITE ePDP

Learning Log – Disasters!

Here is my groups PowerPoint onĀ Earthquakes.

Over the last two weeks we have focused on disasters within the Sustainable Development module. My skills have developed greatly. The skills which have developed over this topic are my research skills, presentation skills, my confidence and by working as a group. Our main task was to create a presentation on a specific disaster. We had to work as a group to research our topic, by taking responsibility to all research different aspects related to the topic. My confidence has grown when it comes to presenting, before I would get very panicky about standing up in front of my peers but as the more I do, the easier I feel it becomes. I quite enjoy presenting as a group because you can bounce your ideas of each other to help make everything flow better and ensure you are communicating the right message, and also for the support from your peers to give you the boost of confidence that you can do it.