Personal audit & transferable skills

Activity 1

1. Below are a list of skills and abilities. Complete an audit of where you are now. Record this in your learning journal/portfolio.

Rate yourself (1=Not very well developed; 3=very well developed)

Skills and Abilities

1

2

3

Taking responsibility                      X
 Adaptability                      X
 Recruiting                       X
 Effective listening skills                     X
 Setting goals                     X
 Patience                     X
 Working as part of a team                      X
 Using computers                      X
 Following instructions                      X

Although it is important to identify where we are now, it is not enough to stop there. We need to reflect upon how we can develop the skills where we are less confident and how we can transfer the skills in which we are confident and competent.

Activity 2

Complete the audit below, using the information from the table above.

Recognition Reflection Action
Skills already developed How will I use these How do I know (evidence)**
Working as part of a team

This placement involves me integrating myself into a team, so I will be able to successfully do this and find out what has already happened before I joined in order to efficiently collect data.  Past experiences of working as part of a team in Malawi and as part of a team in Holiday Bible Club. Being in an orchestra also promotes teamwork skills.
Using computers

This placement requires me to analyse the data I collect, putting it into documents such as Microsoft excel, and manipulating it.  Past experience of manipulating data in ICT lessons in school.
Following instructions

In this data research, I will be given a script to strictly follow, and strict regulations for where the children are supposed to sit etc. I will need to follow these instructions I have been given in order to keep all the testing fair.  I have passed my driving test, and that required me following instructions from my driving instructor in order to learn how to do things. Past experiences of doing Ballet and Irish dancing have required me to follow instructions to learn dances.

** This section should be completed as you identify when/where/how you have used/developed these skills.