- A blog is an easily up-datable page or set of pages on the web.
- It can be updated without any knowledge of html through a web based interface.
- No software is needed other than a web browser.
- The pages consist in the main of a series of articles, the most recent at the top.
- Previous articles are archived and can be searched.
- In addition the articles are available as a RSS feed.
From wikipedia –
“A blog (a portmanteau of web log) is a website where entries are commonly displayed in reverse chronological order. “Blog” can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability for readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (artlog), photographs (photoblog), sketchblog, videos (vlog), music (MP3 blog), audio (podcasting) and are part of a wider network of social media. Micro-blogging is another type of blogging which consists of blogs with very short posts.”
More definitions on define:weblog – Google Search