- The filmmaker uses an extreme close up shot of Jack’s eyes. Why do you think they do this?
- What can we infer by looking at the close up of Jack’s eyes?
- What mood do you think the colours create during this scene?
- The music changes as Jack moves around the ship deck. Why do you think it does this? How does it make you feel?
- Why do you think the filmmaker uses an establishing shot of the ship rocking?
- Why do you think the filmmaker chooses to use a close up shot of the pirates who are tied to the mast and then rotates the camera shot around?
- A birds eye shot is used of the ship. Why do you think this has been used?
- Do you think the music matches what is happening in the clip? How does it make you feel?
- The sun sets as the ship sinks under the sea. Why do you think the filmmaker chooses to show these side by side?
Credit: Laura McEachran @MissLMacDonald