A GATHERING OF PEOPLE
A gathering of people with a commitment to develop rights-based values, attitudes, skills and practices in working with children and young people. This will be of particular interest to teachers, community
leaders and workers and all those who are committed to the development, formation and support of young people in their own and in a global context.
IN AN INTERNATIONAL CONTEXT
Twende Pamoja seeks to promote the development of a global vision, in the context of relationship. It supports partnerships between communities, schools and places of learning in Tanzania and Scotland. In the past 3 years Twende Pamoja has conducted workshops enabling young people in both countries to articulate their vision for the future.
ABOUT YOUNG PEOPLE AND WITH THE PARTICIPATION OF YOUNG PEOPLE
Seven Tanzanian young people who have been working as young leaders are presently in Scotland and along with seven young Scottish counterparts will take part in the day.
IN A DAY THAT AIMS TO
• raise awareness and develop knowledge/understanding of the UNCRC
• reflect with young adults in an international context about these issues
• enable individuals and establishments to self evaluate their practice in the light of the UNCRC
• support improvement planning within communities and institutions
• encourage reflective dialogue in the midst of busyness
AND FOR WHICH THERE IS NO CHARGE
If you would like to register for the day e-‐mail the following information to
Tea/coffee will be provided. Participants should bring their own lunch. Having taken part in this event you may be interested in coming to the Conversation on 21 June.