Religion, Society and Diversity

screen-shot-2017-01-16-at-20-02-56

Within todays lecture and tutorials, I was made aware of some theorists involved when studying religion and also how to apply their work to exam questions. I also learned some extra information about religion and the different types of religion/sect/cult.

I feel like I would understand the main concepts and issues of religion with further reading of notes and theoretical approaches. As it was the first day, class changes and rooms were a tad unorganised which interrupted some learning, however I’m sure this will all be fixed for next week.

There is nothing that I have struggled to understand as of yet, however this will be to do with the small workload we have at the moment. Concepts and issues seem easy to follow as I have a great interest in the module topics.

I feel as though my knowledge of religion has developed today because I have never studied it in a theoretical way and I’m interested in what has to come from this module. I’m sure later on in the module there will be areas that I will have to improve but I am unaware of these at this moment.

This is the first module that we have had peer-ran tutorials and this is something I will have to improve on. It is easy to get distracted when left to my own devices, however the topic of this module is interesting and will hopefully keep me engaged and wanting to learn more.