Whirlwind summer in preparation for 3rd Year ….

Having had a whirlwind of a summer working self-employed as a chef, farmer, barmaid and several other jobs I am ready to get back into 3rd year at university on my voyage to becoming a primary school teacher.  Having had several adventures during my summer including witnessing the birth of my niece, TMF (Tiree Music Festival), Sightseeing trip to Budapest and a Ceilidh festival in Ireland, I feel experiences like this will broaden my mind and make me a more rounded teacher with lots of different life experiences and highlighting the importance of enjoyment of life.

Firstly with the birth of my niece on the 19th of May 2018 at 2.02am.  This was an extremely emotional and life-changing experience to support my sister (best friend) alongside her partner.   As a woman, it is very unlikely that you will actually see a child being born as drugs to numb the pain cause you to be out of it and unable to really experience childbirth.  What an honour it was to be there through the fear, joy, excitement, pain and all other emotions to go through during childbirth.  Beautiful Ava Jaide Taylor arrived safe and well and the emotion was surreal (for someone who only cries at funerals) and overwhelming.  What an honour this was and will stay with me for the rest of my life.

Tiree Music Festival… enhancing my love for Ceilidh and Scottish music even more so than I already had.  What a fantastic weekend spent with my brother and his girlfriend, gin, Scottish bands, dancing, camping, beach walks, drizzle, sunshine, coffee, bacon rolls and banter.  Definitely, something I want to continue to enjoy throughout my teaching and share this with the children that I teach.  As Scottish country dancing is dying out due to social change I feel it is important to improve social skills as well as fitness.

Overall I had a fantastic and super busy summer which has flown by so quickly but as I say I’m ready to smash 3rd Year with lots of hard work and reading to do.