Social Studies Elective…The Beginning

Third-year allows for some choice in an elective module in semester 1.  As a very keen geographer throughout school getting top grades in Standard Grade, Higher and Advanced Higher I feel that this is a strong point but I am very interested to find out how to get this across to the children in primary school at different ages and stages.  Having not done very much History I am also looking forward to increasing my own knowledge and also how different teaching styles can capture the children’s interest in the class.  So far with fantastic interactive lectures with Lesley sharing lots of different teaching techniques as well as history and geography knowledge.

I am looking forward to getting into both parts as there is 2hrs of Geography and 2hrs of History each week with lots of different TDT which keep you busy throughout the week.  Positivity is key to success in my opinion throughout 3rd year to try and associate with positive people throughout my time as negativity is boring and brings everyone down.