At Bower Primary, we aim to –
1. Provide learning activities and experiences that motivate our children and equip them with the knowledge and skills to meet future challenges.
2. Encourage our children to take an active interest in their own learning.
3. Monitor childrens’ progress and maximise levels of achievement and attainment by ensuring that tasks are relevant and appropriate to each of them, enabling smooth progression through levels detailed in Curriculum guidelines.
4. Encourage them to treat others with patience, respect and thoughtfulness and become active and enterprising citizens.
5. Recognise and celebrate the success of each child on their individual merits within and out-with school using our celebrating success wall and golden pupil awards.
6. Promote positive behaviour in school and have high levels of respect for one another.
7. Continue to build up resources to support cross-curricular learning.
8. Continue excellent links with our local playgroup to ensure smooth transition into P1; with other primary schools, in particular our cluster school of Keiss and our local community and to promote primary/secondary liaison to ensure smooth transition from our primary school to Wick or Thurso High School.
9. Keep parents informed of children’s progress and to recognise parents as active partners who have a valuable contribution to make to their children’s education and to the life of our school.
10. Encourage all staff to engage in regular self-evaluation and provide appropriate opportunities for continuing their professional development.