The Scottish Council for Development and Industry (SCDI) have announced a new competition, Future Voice, bringing together young people from schools across the country in an important and valuable discussion about the vision for Scotland’s future set out in SCDI’s 2030 Blueprint report.
New school year, a fresh start, and a chance to think about new ways of doing things in Scotland. Join via live stream at SCDI’s annual Forum where the new big ideas for Scotland’s future will be debated! SCDI want the voices of our future leaders to be heard at this event.
The Blueprint 2030 document contains 12 big ideas about how Scotland can be a better place in 2030. SCDI want YOUR help in making these ideas even better.
Primary 7 pupils
- What do you hope Scotland might have invented in 10 years’ time?
- What kind of place to live do you think Scotland should strive to be?
- What should school and learning be like in the future?
- What do you hope will be better in the future?
- Which 3 of the 12 asks should be the priority and why?
- What do you think those in charge should be doing now to make these happen?
- What role should businesses and the rest of us play?
- How would you like your or the lives of others in Scotland to change in 10 years’ time?
- What are the three words that you would like to be associated with Scotland?
Pupils are tasked to think about the above questions either individually or in groups and discuss their ideas. Then make a short video/blog informing SCDI of your suggestions to make Scotland a better place in 2030.
6 winning entries (3 for primary and 3 for secondary) will receive £100 for their school.
What and when to submit
Please share any photos, videos, blog posts, and Tweets that demonstrate your Blueprint 2030 Future Voice project by 3 September 2021.
How to submit your entry
Entries can be uploaded to the YESC Microsoft Teams channel, or sent by email or WeTransfer (for large files) to email@example.com – Please remember to include your school name. Judging by the expert business panel will take place in the week commencing 6 September with winners announced at the SCDI live event.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.