Welcome to our fortnightly STEM blog. Keep reading to find out more about exciting STEM developments across Scotland. Please feel free to share this post with colleagues and school partners.
- Tomorrow’s Engineers Week 2 – 6 November – providing inspiring and exciting opportunities for young people to experience the world of engineering on digital and social media. tomorrowsengineers.org.uk/tomorrows-engineers-week-2020/
- Engineering in the Primary Classroom – really useful Sway from Hilary Gorman at Harrysmuir Primary School West Lothian sway.office.com/IH7Phnu97lXurR0L?ref=email&loc=play
- Outdoor Classroom Day (5th November) – a global day to inspire and celebrate outdoor learning at school and at home. How are you getting involved. More info at: https://outdoorclassroomday.org.uk/. Check out our outdoor learning Wakelet and Improvement Hub Summary Page.
- Royal Society of Edinburgh – book a free online school talk to inspire your learners on a wide range of areas from astronomy to zoology! Available for P6 to S6 learners until December: https://www.rse.org.uk/schools/school-talks/
- Keep Scotland Beautiful Community Climate Asset Fund – Local authority and non-profit schools and nurseries are eligible to apply for equipment to support community food growing, up to £10,000 maximum. A fantastic opportunity. Apply by 9 November. www.keepscotlandbeautiful.org/
- Safer Internet Day 2021 planning event for Scotland 11th November (online). The UK Safer Internet Centre and partners will talk about plans for the day and the free education packs being developing for use with young people and parents. More info and booking is at SIDscotland2021.eventbrite.co.uk
- #STEMforall Rachael Akano, 15, Margaret Akano, 17 and Joy Njekwe, 17, developed an app which uses music to comfort people living with dementia t.co/TYMudVqiA7
Dates for your diary:
21 November World Television Day www.timeanddate.com/holidays/un/world-television-day
1 December World Aids Day www.worldaidsday.org/
7 -13 December Computer Science Week csedweek.org/