Through SCHOLAR, the partnership of the Association of Directors of Education in Scotland and Heriot-Watt University, Scotland’s local authorities are providing access to interactive, online learning materials to support 41 SQA National Qualifications spanning Art & Design, Business Education, English, ESOL, Gaelic, Modern Languages and STEM, with further resources available to support level 3 of the Broad General Education including a Gaelic-medium Science resource.
- If the course(s) you teach are included in SCHOLAR’s list of Available Courses, you will be able to access online course materials packed with activities for your learners to work on including: video clips, listening tasks, animations, simulations, drag-and-drop exercises, matching and ordering tasks, practice exam questions etc.
- For learners without home internet access, paper-based versions of course materials and exercises can be produced using the downloadable PDF Study Guides.
- SCHOLAR exercises can be assigned as homework using platforms such as Google Classroom, MS Teams or Firefly.
- Data supplied by SEEMiS is used to automatically populate the class lists for National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher learners in S4-S6. The ‘Reports’ feature provides teachers with detailed information on the progress of each of the learners in their classes.
- As part of its series of Video Tutorials for Teachers and Lecturers, SCHOLAR will shortly be releasing a video demonstrating how to insert SCHOLAR animations, videos or activities into PowerPoint presentations.
- Learners and teachers can use the SCHOLAR tile in Glow to access their account. Learners enrolled on any SCHOLAR course can access their account through Glow without the need for a separate SCHOLAR username and password.
- Teachers wishing to log in directly to the SCHOLAR site can obtain their login details using the Forgotten Password
- Some National 5 SCHOLAR activities are suitable for supporting learning at CfE level 4. Schools who wish to use SCHOLAR materials with S3 learners to support BGE learning should contact email@example.com.
SCHOLAR is currently available within all secondary schools in: Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire, Angus, Argyll & Bute, City of Edinburgh, Clackmannanshire, Dumfries & Galloway, Dundee City, East Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, East Lothian, East Renfrewshire, Falkirk, Fife, Glasgow City, Highland, Inverclyde, Midlothian, Moray, Na h‑Eileanan Siar, North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire, Orkney Islands, Perth & Kinross, Scottish Borders, Shetland Islands, South Ayrshire, South Lanarkshire, Stirling, West Dunbartonshire and West Lothian.