Education Scotland’s IGBE Professional Learning Programme has three areas:
- Live Professional Learning Sessions
- Networking Opportunities
- Professional Learning Courses
The next event is on 6th October 3 30 – 4 30pm – Gender Balanced Interactions
This session explores the impact of unconscious bias on interactions which practitioners have with learners in everyday practice. We will examine what unconscious bias is, and how it can shape expectations and perceptions of learners of different genders. We will then explore how learners of different genders may be treated differently as a result. Practitioners will also be asked to reflect on their own unconscious bias and the interactions they have with the learners in their settings, and to consider the following questions:
- What examples of this specific issue have you seen in your setting?
- What do you think the impact of this is on the children and young people you work with?
- How could you address this moving forward?
Target Audience: All practitioners – ELC, primary, secondary, CLD