As part of Education Scotland support during COVID-19 we have gathered useful materials to support practitioners in planning and delivering online learning into Wakelets.
Wakelets are collections of links to materials stored online that make it easier to access materials from one place. As well support for online remote learning there are a number of links to online professional learning opportunities from partner organisations.
- ELC Science Wakelet has lots of ideas for simple hands-on science activities for indoors and outdoors to engage younger children.
- Primary Science Wakelet has a link to the BGE Science Planning Resource created by the RAiSE authorities to support your planning for Early to Second Level as well as materials linking to the five curricular organisers: Planet Earth, Forces, Electricity & Waves, Biological Systems, Materials and Topical Science.
- BGE Secondary Sciences Wakelet has a number of general resources and materials linking to BGE Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Senior Phase Sciences Wakelet has resources divided into Biology, Chemistry and Physics to support learners preparing for National Qualifications.
- STEM Wakelet has lots of ideas for hands on STEM activities to suit all ages; a link to our Parentzone Scotland Supporting STEM at Home page which has lots of STEM ideas for parents and a link to Dumfries & Galloways recent online STEM Conference.
If you choose to sign up to Wakelets; you can follow @STEMES to receive notifications of any new links added to these lists.
We hope that you find these Wakelets useful to support your planning and professional learning at this time. If you have found another useful resource that you would like to share with colleagues nationally please get in touch with the STEM Team using the e-mail header Wakelets.