The West Partnership is preparing for a new year of support for Collaborative Learning Networks which will launch on the 28th April 2020.
The three cohorts planned for this coming year will support the following areas:
Cohort 1 Theme – all sectors – Numeracy, Literacy and Health & Wellbeing
Cohort 2 Theme – secondary – Social Subjects and Expressive Arts
Cohort 3 Theme – all sectors – STEM
The West Partnership has spaces for at least 80 settings or schools to be involved this year across these three cohorts (approx. 10 schools or settings from each local authority). Cohorts 1 and 3 will draw on all sectors including ELC, primary, ASN and secondary.
- The expectation is that each school sends a class teacher and a member of their leadership team.
- Timescales are flexible e, Secondary schools can aim to complete before Christmas (in this case we would offer an additional Session 5 before Christmas but they would still report back in May) and others can choose to start their intervention after Christmas
- We can support pre-matched (across authority) groups, they would just miss out the matching day
- Schools from last year can send new staff again this year to continue to build their collaborative capacity
- Schools can put in more than one team, if they are confident they can cover it, e.g. Maths department in cohort 1 and Social Subject Department in cohort 2 or even in the same cohort
The programme is very flexible and offers a great opportunity for practitioners to engage in collaborative practitioner enquiry to address an issue relating to their pedagogy and practice. Lots of support and advice will be available throughout from a team of facilitators. To see the impact of the first phase of this CLN programme please see the new promotional video:
If you are interested in attending please contact your local authority STEM officer or email us on email@example.com