Education Scotland is looking for individuals who are passionate about equality and equity to join our exciting new team.
Our Gender Balance and Equalities Team will comprise six posts, including one Education Officer and five Development Officers. The successful candidates will play an important role in meeting the ambitions of the national STEM Education and Training Strategy, in relation to equality and equity.
Their key task will be to ensure that the learning from the successful Improving Gender Balance pilot programme is embedded in all early learning and childcare establishments and schools by 2022. The officers will be expected to work in close partnership with the Regional Improvement Collaboratives and other key partners to lead and coordinate professional learning programmes and to support effective cross-sectoral collaboration.
Important aspects of the programme will be as follows:
· Helping practitioners to challenge stereotypes and address unconscious bias.
· Challenging gender-based decisions around subject choices, learner pathways and career ambitions.
· Supporting efforts to improve gender balance in Foundation Apprenticeship and Modern Apprenticeship routes.
· Building collaborative networks of practitioners who will come together to learn, share and develop effective approaches.
· Enabling practitioners from early learning and childcare, additional support needs, primary, secondary, community learning and development and further and higher education to work together to ensure a consistent approach to gender and equality across a learner’s journey.
· Helping settings and schools to engage effectively with parents and their wider community in relation to gender balance and equality.
· Promoting effective whole–establishment approaches to equality and equity.
To view the suite of Improving Gender Balance resources developed in partnership with Skills Development Scotland and the Institute of Physics, please visit: http://bit.ly/NIHIGB
To apply for the above posts please visit the following pages on the Work for Scotland website:
· Education Officer, Improving Gender Balance and Equalities
· Development Officer, Improving Gender Balance and Equalities
These posts can be based in any of Education Scotland’s offices located across Scotland. These are 47 month fixed-term and pensionable appointments. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria will be invited to the assessments. The closing date is Tuesday 2nd October 2018 at midnight.