St Albert's Family Learning

Just another blogs.glowscotland.org.uk – Glasgow site

Family Friday Update

Parent Support Group meets the 1st Friday of each month at 12 – 2pm in Pollockshields

Please contact Kirstine through the office if you wish to attend.

Good Afternoon!

I hope you are all well. We have a couple of ‘new’ things happening in school I’d like to share with you & see where you can be involved in these.

• Wednesday – Inquiry Days

This has been highly successful through trips, visits from other professionals & amazing resources. This is a day for children to focus on a given topic through investigation, research and activities.

After the February weekend I will share our next topics of research for your interest. Please let me know if you would like to be involved in particular topics.

I’d like to thank all our parents/carers who helped at our trip to the Riverside Museum on Wednesday. It was a challenge but so worth it. Both children and adults had a wonderful time & so much learning took place.

• Friday Expressive Arts

On Fridays @ 2pm we are now offering our children a wide experience of expressive arts. This will include Art, Drama, Music, Technology etc. Please let me know if you wish to be involved in this afternoon of Arts.

We hope to provide expressive art experiences for parents/carers in room 10 during Cafe Connect.

• Parent/Carer Workshops

Our first workshop started today however the number of participants were low. thank you to the 2 ladies who came along. Please remember you do not need to attend every session to get your certificate, I know that real life gets in the way sometimes, but please attend as many as you can. Adults from outwith St Albert’s are welcome to join too.

More workshops in future – These can only go ahead if I have enough interest & people attending workshop already started. Our current course is provided to free to the school however future course will require paid for by the school. 

• Face Painting Workshop 

There is a workshop running in Glendale Primary School on Monday mornings. I have asked if our parents/carers could join that workshop. Please leave you name with the office if you wish to attend.

• First Aid Course on 22nd March @ 9am – 2.30pm
This one day course will cover
Incident management, Unconscious Casualty, Recovery Position, CPR & AED (Adult / Child) 
Choking (Adult / Child, Blood Loss, Shock, Minor injuries, cuts/burns/ bites-Stings

The practical scenarios covered require the candidates to have the ability to demonstrate the practical elements in order to obtain the certificate .
There is also a multiple choice theory assessment consisting of 16 questions at the end of all the areas covered. 
Please phone the office asap if you would like a space
  • Primary 5 Class AssemblyThursday 8th February @ 2.15pm

All parents/carers of pupils in primary 5 are invited to our class performance, sharing & presenting learning.

• School Holidays & In service Day – Monday 12th – Wednesday 14th February

• Parents for future’ group will visit to present a discussion on Air Pollution

Please join us on Thursday 22nd February @ 1pm – 3pm to learn more about pollution around our community and how we can improve this together.

• Dalguise Trip for P7

Monday 26th February – Friday 1st March

• Primary God’s loving Plan begins in March

Please look out on Seesaw for weekly lessons on what your child is learning & be ready to discuss this at home. Thank you

• International Women’s Day LunchWednesday 6th March @ 12md

Join us for our annual lunch with guest speakers, food, games and dancing. Tickets will be on sale from the office from Monday 12th February at £5. Please let me know if you or someone you know would like to be a guest speaker.

• World Book day – Family Reading Picnic

Join us for our reading picnic on Thursday 7th march @ 1.15 – 2.15pm

• Primary 2 Class AssemblyThursday 7th  March @ 2.15pm

All parents/carers of pupils in primary 2 are invited to our class performance, sharing & presenting learning.

• Primary 3 Class Assembly – Thursday 14th March @ 2.15pm

• Easter HolidaysSchool closes on Thursday 28th March @ 2.30pm until Sunday 14th April

Thank you for all your support! Looking forward to seeing you at some of our events. Please contact me if you wish to chat about anything.

Karen