There are sound educational reasons for trying to ensure that the admission of children to school takes place at the start of a school session in August.
Late Enrolments for Primary 1 commencing August 2018
P1 enrolment week for Glasgow Primary Schools commenced during Monday 6 November 2017 to Friday 10 November 2017. However any parents / carers of children due to commence attendance at school in August 2018, who have not yet registered their child to date, can still do so.
Late online submissions for P1 enrolment are still being accepted. To register you should now complete an enrolment application and submit as soon as possible
On submission of the completed electronic form, an automated email will be issued to the email address provided. This email is confirmation that the application has been successfully submitted and will be actioned.
Parents/carers will receive confirmation of their child’s P1 registration placement no later than mid-February 2018.
To complete this form you will need
- A digital copy of the child’s birth certificate (The requirement to upload a birth certificate only applies to children who did not attend a nursery or pre-school operated by Glasgow City Council)
- Your child’s Doctor’s details
- The name of the local school/centre you wish to register the child. If you are unfamiliar with schools within your catchment area, please use our School catchment lookup before completing the form.
It is usual practice for children to attend their local catchment primary school.
Check the local catchment primary school and Gaelic medium school for your address.
Parents/Carers will have the opportunity to visit their local catchment school and should check the day(s), time(s) for visits with the school concerned.
If you wish to enrol your child for the start of the new school session in August 2018, they must have attained the age of 5 years between 1 March 2018 and the 28 February 2019.
Parents who may wish to enrol their child in Gaelic Medium Education can do so at two schools, one situated in Berkeley Street and the other on a shared campus with Glendale Primary School, Kenmure Street.
• Glasgow Gaelic School, 147 Berkeley Street, Glasgow, G3 7HP. Phone: 0141 276 8500
• Glendale Gaelic Primary School, 2 Kenmure Street, Glasgow, G41 1PH. Phone: 0141 429 3183
Enquiries or requests for paper applications can be made by contacting the North East Hub on tel 0141 287 8000
Please note, as the parent/ carer you have the right to apply to place your child in a school other than your local school. You must complete an enrolment application before you submit a placing request. Once you submit your enrolment application, you can find information on how to apply for a placing request here.