Question Station: Chat time!

This is the “Question Station”

Please leave any questions you have about your learning, or interests, here.  You can also post comments here for your classmates to see, and answer back in a comment if they wish.

127 comments

1. says:

Two weeks ago I went to the zoo with my family and I have seen the sea lions do amazing things in the water and ground and I have seen much more animals but the weather was too cold so we had to go back home. After a few days I went to my cousins house for six hours and I saw my big cousin play video games and I ate lots of sweets so I didn’t ate my dinner because of that.A few days after that my dad said that I have a choice of cinema or riding hourses and we chose riding hourses three days ago we went to ride them and after we finished we went back home and dad said that I was the best one.

• says:

Hello Ahmed! I did not know you were leaving us this week! What do you mean? You are not summarising the page. You are choosing one of the topics that you have read and then you are condensing/summarising the main facts of that particular topic. Does that make sense? Put the topic into your own words (unless they are the actual named facts).

2. says:

hello Miss Li
    I’m comfused because you didn’t give me homework for the spelling is it because you are giving me a week without spelling homework,if yes yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss .

• says:

Hello Fatimah, Sorry I must have forgotten to stick it in because you were off. Remind me on Monday in the morning when you see me to stick it in your jotter for you. The dojo points was a mistake – I did not take points off, don’t worry! I saw that you had completed it online. See you tomorrow/Tuesday! Enjoy your weekend.

3. says:

Miss li i could guess your age by math question

1) Pick a number between 1 – 10

2) X by 2

3) add 5

4) X bu 50

5) add 1767

6) take away the date of your birth

Finally you’ll end up with 3 digits the first two are your age and the third digit is the number that you picked first

4. says:

Hi everyone I was wondering if you could have anything in the world what would it be and why❓🙂❓🤗😎😜😎😜🤓🤓😆😳😬🙈👻

• says:

Ooh, Jordan, I think it would have to be a kitten for me! I miss having a pet in the house. They can be so relaxing and playful to have around the house.

• says:

Macy, your party was amazing! But when I took the bus home, the bus briver dropped us in the middle of nowhere,and the snow was like 30 centimetres deep.My toes were basically icicles.Lots of cars got stuck and someone wad even driving on the platform. Then when I got home, I saw someone building something out of snow. Turns out it was a couch with the Simpsons sitting on it. Because it was so good, someone gave them 100 pounds!😮

5. says:

Hello Macy. Thank you for your lovely letter. The christmas dinner you had at your grannys sounds amazing! It’s really nice getting a letter from you.😃

6. says:

Hi Iona! I’ve posted a letter to you. You’ll probably get it in 1-2 days. Once you’ve got the letter can you please write back to me.🌇

7. says:

Hi Miss Li.I’m I’m settling in really well.The one thing I haven’t got hang of is the school lunches.When you enter the classroom,you have to order your lunch on the smartboard.When it’s almost
    lunchtime,you get a coloured band which tells you what lunch you are having.I’m not on the smartboard system yet,so I tell my teacher what I’m having and I get the band.We don’t have to wear indoor shoes in Thomas Muir but we do have to bring a pair of shoes in for P.E.

8. says:

Hi Amelia
    Are you going out to somewhere in Saturday or Friday ,I wish we can go together .but we can talk if we got to a place together and I wish our parents know each other and to play together and we can go to a party 🎊🎉📨🎆💃🎇

9. says:

Hi miss Li! My new school was great.I made two new friends called Ava and Christene.Thomas muir is MASSIVE!!The classrooms don’t have any front door but there is a back door where we come in.Unlike Anderston, we don’t hang our bags on our chair.Instead, we put them in a box outside our classroom.My new house is full of boxes.The floor is very cold and we are in the very busy process of unpacking.Miss Li, please reply back to me as soon as you can.🏡

• says:

Hello Rithika,
      It’s so lovely to hear from you! I am glad to hear that you have already made two new friends! We all knew you were going to be adored anywhere you went. All schools will be different and I’m sure it’s a fun new change for you. As for your new home, you will be settled in no time. It will be as cosy as ever. Do keep us updated on how you’re getting in. If you get a chance… do you have our reading book? I forgot to ask you for it. Oopsies. Miss Li 🙂

• says:

Thank you so much! I had hoped I could catch your mum to see if she wanted your old jotters to show your new school. Hope you’re having fun and settling in with your new friends already 🙂 We all miss you here!

• says:

Oh dear! Will she know what they look like? I’m not sure I do. As for the jotters, I will leave them with Ms. Caird tomorrow morning and Ms. Caird can give them to your mum. You’ll get the hang of lunches in no time!

10. says:

Hi everyone. Have any of you ever had a kitkat without the wafer ? My mum has when she was at school. Do you not think that’s pretty strange just having a plain bar of chocolate. The worker obviously wasn’t paying much attention then went and forgot to put the wafer in. What a silly billy.

11. says:

MISS LI I HAVE THE (secret) BOOK FOR YOU HAHAHA YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT THE BOOK IS SUPRISE!!!!!
    I’m shouting because you probably can’t hear me from this far away
    Anyhoo it will be wth you on THIS Monday

12. says:

I would like to go to the Amazon Rainforest because then I could meet all the children who lives there and be friends with them.

• says:

I haven’t but I would like to. I would love to see the Rafflesia plant with my own eyes instead of on the internet or in a book. What about you? Has anything in the topic lessons made you really want to visit?

• says:

I would not like to see a Rafflesia flower in real life because it would leave me smelling of rotten flesh.😲😱😷😨😰.

13. says:

The children from the Amazon Rainforest play lots of games and sports outside the house, like a football but me and my friends play lots of games and sports inside the house or the school hall as sometimes we get bad weather in Scotland. The children also, like to help cooking and making jewellery.
    People who live in the Amazon Rainforest make their houses out of wood and leaves and we make our houses out of bricks. The people also have animals like us but more wild ones like parrots and monkeys. They also have sweet corn like us but just a different colour which is red.

• says:

Fantastic observations, Amalia! Great comparisons too. I am not going to lie; I prefer the times where children were outdoors playing instead of being stuck on their computers or tablets playing videogames.

14. says:

hello do you like hamsters?
    🐹
    /-\
    🐹 😁
    \ /
    ( ) 🐹
    _/ \_ (it took me a long time to do this happy person with a hamster hat 🎩 Holding a hamster! )

• says:

We will try to watch it in class some time tomorrow. You should be able to download it for free if it’s on a phone though.

• says:

Sometimes I do have that, and I end up spending it on resources for the classroom. The books I buy and bring into for all you lovely boys and girls. All those little treats. I spend most of my money on school haha 🙂

But… a nice little holiday on a beach would also be lovely. It’s starting to get cold in Glasgow and I am not a big fan of the cold.

What about you, Jordan? What would you do? What would anybody in this class blog do if you had £600?

• says:

Hi Jordan I think if I had 600 pounds I would spend it on a pet dog and toys for my dog I would also spend it on LOTS of stuffed animals! I would also probably spend it on Mario cart or a Nintendo switch (I’m not sure if Mario cart is on the Nintendo switch, I’m not very good at telling video games and stuff like that apart.) and I would definitely spend some of it on homeless people and charity’s and if I still had some left I would spend it on Halloween, Christmas, Easter, birthdays and stuff like that!🤑😎😄

15. says:

What school would you teach at if you could choose any school in the world?
    Would you rather be a queen/king or a president?
    Huskys or pugs?

• says:

Are you also asking the rest of the class where they would like to teach?

My answers:
      1. I think I would like to go to Africa (maybe for a year) to teach children who are not as lucky as all of you to get an education. But otherwise, I think Anderston Primary, and Anderston Primary 5/6 might be the best class! Don’t you agree?
      2. Are they not all “technically” the same? They all lead their countries. I don’t know if I would like to lead a country.
      3. Huskys to protect me and pugs because they are simply adorable.

• says:

You can open up your questions to the rest of the class too! But, my favourite animal is a panda. I love the colour “Emerald Green” and I haven’t put much thought into planets but I imagine “Mars” because if Earth dies… then Mars seems to be our best hope!

16. says:

Do you ever google our questions?
    Why are blue lagoons so blue and how does some of the water deep inside become pink?
    Why is there only one or two black sand beach’s in the world if volcanic islands are so common and the lava flows near the coast?

• says:

I do. I love learning and even though I am your teacher – I don’t know everything. I don’t believe that there is a single person in this world who knows EVERYTHING!

I once saw that the blueness in the lagoon was related to the chemicals in the water. You will have to tell me the answer later though haha.
      As for the black sand beaches, I will have to get back to you on that one, or perhaps I can wait for you to find out and tell us all! 🙂

Right, hope you and Amelia enjoy your weekend.

17. says:

Hellooooo do you like cats? Soft, fluffy and cuddly 😸🐱🐈
    I just went to a CAT CAFE for the first time! I loved it the cats were so FLUFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!😍🐱

• says:

Cats are beautiful and such great companions. I used to have a cat 🙁 Was that the Cat Cafe in Edinburgh? Did you know the original idea behind “Cat Cafes?” and why they were a trend? I’ll give you a hint… the first few were from Japan.

Who else likes Cats? or are there other animals you all prefer?

• says:

It was the one in Sterling the lady there was super nice she gave us a drink and a cake! I chose Sanpellegrino to drink and a red velvet cake it was delicious 🎂

• says:

I had no idea there was one in Stirling. If we have time in class next week, you will have to share with the rest of the class your experience there. Did you take any photos?

• says:

Oh no, Amelia! I would have to disagree with you. Watermelons are so hyrdrating and yummy. Especially when you have them in the Summer. What does everyone else think?

• says:

Scottish watermelons seem to have more seeds so I like American watermelons better. No clue why Scottish watermelons grow with more seeds

• says:

Maybe you could find out? Perhaps it is the way they are grown and harvested? You can eat the seeds though; despite the myth about “growing in your stomach”… just chew them and you can swallow them. They may not be pleasant to eat but they are edible :p

• says:

It depends, I think. I imagine there is a mild form of ‘problem solving’ involved because, for example, the bricks are different sizes so you need to understand the basics that a 6 brick will not completely cover an 8 brick, and if you chose to do that, there may be gaps in your Lego model. Also, you would need to work out how many pieces to put together to design your model, and looking at shapes to decide how you could ‘curve’ edges using ‘Lego bricks; which are very rigid cuboid/cube shapes.

I think that’s a really good question. What do the others think?

• says:

Yes, a form of problem solving I would say. To take it further you can challenge yourself to use lego and make a sculpture. Like the designer of lego models (when we watched Newsround in class).

• says:

I don’t know about ‘healthier’ but you should try and put layers of the napkins (the ones you get in KFC) and squeeze out the oil from the chicken. Perhaps that may have you re-considering whether ‘healthier’ is the correct choice of word to use haha 🙂

• says:

I am really sorry, Jordan. You were definitely part of it but the size of the video meant it chopped off the children who were standing beside me. You will just have to make sure you stand in front of the camera the next time :p

18. says:

Hello Miss Li, so I was trying to do the blog and went to watch the video and I clicked “play” and it says I need BBC media player. So when I come to school tomorrow or any day can u please show me. Have a great day bye Miss Li