Thursday 28th May

Good Morning Class 1!

I hope you’re all well and enjoying learning at home! I know these times have been quite hard but hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I was in school the other day clearing some space and I found some of my favourite teaching books (not all of my good ideas are always my own!) I have attached some photos in today’s blog so that you can do some of these fun activities at home!

9am PE with Joe Wicks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ

9:30-10

For today’s literacy tasks you could ask an adult to help you try one of these fun activities!

#

Remember you can always practise your phonics by searching for jolly phonics on Youtube. You can also watch videos of Geraldine Giraffe to support Jolly Phonics!

10:30-11:15

Break Time!

11:15-12:15

Maths

1. Choose a toy and draw around it on a piece of paper
  2. Cut out the drawing
  3. Choose an object in your house that you have lots of – it must be the same size object like 1p coins or 2p coins or connecting cubes or blocks or buttons or grapes.
  4. Predict how many of your object you will need to measure the toy’s body – Write down your prediction.
  5. Measure each part of the toy and write down the results. Were your predictions right? How many away from the right answer were you?
  6. Use this new information to predict how many of your object you will need to measure the toy’s legs, arms, head etc.
Questions for parents to ask:
  • Discuss how they could measure round their toy using a piece of string.
  • Order the height of toys around the house.
  • Discuss – What other things could they have measured with?
  • What difference would it have made?

12:15-1pm

Lunch

1:-1:30

Science!

Mr. Corrigan has been enjoying nature in his Secret Garden!

Watch the video below and see what cool things you can spot. Maybe you could draw pictures of the interesting things you see. You could also try and label your pictures to practise your writing skills!

1:30-2:30pm

Motor Skills

Have a go at building this really cool waterfall tower!

See what happens to the water as you change the pots and pans around.

To improve your fine motor skills, you could make a smaller version of this with tubes and try and get small items , like beans or beads, to roll along the tubes! Have fun!!

2:30-3pm: Story and chat

MR CORRIGAN WILL BE LIVE ON THE ST ALBERT’S YOUTUBE CHANNEL TODAY AT 2:30! IF YOU WATCH IT LIVE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SEND HIM COMMENTS TO LET HIM KNOW YOU’RE WATCHING!

At the end of each day, we will send you stories to listen to/read. Some of these will be read by your lovely St. Albert’s teachers, others might be by famous authors. To get ready for the story:

• Get a snack and a drink
  • Get somewhere comfy – on cushions/sofa/bed, under a blanket
  • Get one of your parents or a brother/sister to listen with you

Today’s story is called Odd Dog Out! I love it because I have two dogs myself and it really makes me think about them and makes me laugh!

Have a fantastic day!!

Miss K xx