St Albert's Class 2

News and pictures from Class 2 :)

A busy week

We had inspectors in our school this week and 2 of them, Mrs Jay and Mrs Clark, visited our class to see our work. Some of us went for meetings with the inspectors because they wanted to speak to us about our school, what we like about it, how safe it is, the jobs the eco committee and the I-club do and our learning in literacy.

In maths we have been learning –

Lana – “I learned about the different coins and finding the total.”

Tylor – ” I have been learning how to total money, and make totals with the fewest coins.”

Aiden – ” I did a survey on the colours of cars and we made a graph.”

Ordering coins from lowest to highest value

Counting in 2s and 10s outside to help us when we are totaling coins

On Monday we had lots of maps –  a world map, a map of Europe, our continent and a map of the United Kingdom, our country. We highlighted the UK and Spain on the different maps and looked at the neighbours of Spain – they are Portugal and France.

We were looking for bugs on the ground in the wooded area and on the walls and fences. We did a survey of the different bugs and used tally marks to record how many bugs we found.

Looking for bugs and recording our results for the scientists

Next week there is a holiday on Monday and Thursday for the boys and girls which we are all looking forward to 🙂 Have a great weekend!