Week beginning 5th February

🌟The nursery will only be open on Monday and Tuesday next week and closed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday due to an in-service day and public holidays 🌟

Hello everyone, we hope you have had a great week, we have had a really busy but fun week, here is a sneak peak into what we have been up to…….

Flynn and Archie put on a great performance yesterday singing queen in the garden for their peers as they created musical instruments using loose parts

Flynn “we will we will rock you!”

Archie has been practising his tennis skills and challenging himself. Archie went from hitting one ball to hitting three at the same time 🎾

“I was hitting the balls, I was rolling and doing target practice”

A group of children have shown an interest in hairdressers this week and have been creative with different hair styles and have been discussing appointment times and how long until each appointment.

Sophie “I’m making her hair at the hairdressers”

Isla “I was writing down the number for the next hair appointment time”

Oran, Alex and Eleanor took some time to read outside together in the story den.

Oran “we are reading”

Alex “we were just looking at the pages together”

We made the most of the nice weather by having snack outside, we had juicy watermelon and oranges.

Archie “We were eating watermelon, it was soooo good!”

A group of peers helped to push each other along outside on the equipment, they all worked together and used trial and error to work out how to free it when it got stuck on the fence.

Timothy “i managed to push him it was really easy”

We had another great day for our forest session where we explored the bottom garden. The children used the seesaw, explored with loose parts and took part in imaginary play where they were jumping into the sea from the boat when it was really stormy.

Eli “I’m on the seesaw with Timothy”

Isla “me and Jackson are robots”

Archie “we were slipping off the boat, we made the silly club”

Chloe “we were falling off the seesaw, we were dinosaurs”

A group of peers took part in the incey winced spider game where they explored turn taking, negotiating and numeracy skills.

Leo “spidey game”

Cameron “we were playing the spider game”

Christian kindly brought in a book from home to share with his peers called Christian the hugging lion.

Christian “the book came from my house, it’s a good book, we were reading the book”

Children showcased their self help skills as they made their own sandwiches at snack by spreading butter onto the bread and choosing their filling 🥪

Robin “I had a cheese sandwich, I put it on myself”

Flynn “I didn’t have a sandwich, I just had bread with butter”

The children have a found a new swing ball in the garden after showing an interest in ball games, Lucas helped to fill up the base to make it stable to use.

Lucas “that’s almost full, that’s full”

Children used the farm sets outside where they created their own farm and sectioned off different areas for different animals.

Elyn “Cows, pigs. We had the animals and feeding them hay”

Cora “we had bricks and animals to make the farm”

Book bug came for a surprise visit today in nursery. We sang some familiar and some new songs as well as having a good story 🐞

The children all participated and sang along or copied the actions to the songs and spoke about the characters in the story.

Clothing

If anybody has any clothing aged between 3-5 years old boys or girls clothes that they are happy to donate as spare clothing for the nursery we would be very grateful as our stock of spare clothing has not been returned, thank you!

Reminders

• Can we please remind parents and carers that when dropping off in the morning and using the car park to use the white spaces only as staff members who start at 9 are unable to park due to the staff spaces being taken.
  • Nursery will be open only on Monday and Tuesday next week due to In service day on the Wednesday and public holidays on Thursday and Friday 
  • if you are going to be in later than 9:20 can you give us a message on seesaw to let us know as we take the lunches along to the office by 9:30 so could take your order before you get here if needed

We hope you have a lovely weekend and happy Chinese new year to our Newport nursery families 🐉 we will be celebrating next week with some Chinese food for snack and looking into the story of The Great Race 🐷 🐶 🐀

The Newport nursery team