Meet Our Falkirk Froebel Family

My  name is: Donna Green: EY Pedagogue: Froebel in Falkirk Lead

Dear Froebel Family, Friends and Colleagues,
I am an Early Years Pedagogue based at Nethermains ELC/Primary School where I have role as an Equity and Excellent Lead. I am extremely passionate about Early Years. As part of my remit my role is also to Lead Froebel in Falkirk. I see so much potential due to the positive impact Froebelian approaches are having in our Falkirk settings for our children.
I have completed the Froebel in Childhood Practice certificate course and I am currently studying the MSc Froebel and Early Childhood pathway through the University of Edinburgh.
I can honestly say that I feel this has been the best and most meaningful training I have ever completed in the whole 30 years I have been an Early Years Practitioner.
I believe the Froebelian Principles are so pertinent in our 21stcentury and help to ensure we have shared vision and values which make positive differences for our children and families.

My contact Information:
Donna Green
Early Years Pedagogue
Froebel in Falkirk Lead

Email; donna.green@falkirk.gov.uk
Alternative email: gw09greendonna@glow.sch.uk

Follow on Twitter: Donna S Green @SgreenDonna and
Froebel: Falkirk Network @FalkirkFroebel

Falkirk Froebel In Childhood Practice Cohort 1

The followingFalkirk establishments are now influenced through our Edinburgh University Froebel and Childhood Practice Course(Cohort 1)

•Bowhouse
•Bankier
•Larbert Village
•Head of Muir
•Inchlair
•Maddison
•Beancross
•Woodburn
•St Andrew’s
•Sacred Heart
•Antonine
•Easter Carmuirs

Falkirk Froebel In Childhood Practice Cohort 2

The followingFalkirk establishments are now influenced through our Edinburgh University Froebel and Childhood Practice Course(Cohort 2)

•Larbert ELC
•Carronshore
•Stenhousemuir
•Carmuirs
•Nethermains
•Bantaskin
•Maddiston
•St Mary’s
Plus practitioners to build on cohort 1 establishments
•Woodburn, Beancross, Bowhouse,StAndrews
•Also 2 from our Early Years Central Team

Falkirk Froebel In Childhood Practice Cohort 3

It is with great delight that we are welcoming “Fifty” Fabulous Falkirk Practitioners to our Falkirk Froebel Family 

It is wonderful that our family continues to grow, with committed and enthusiastic practitioners who will be studying through the Froebel and Childhood Practice pathway via the University of Edinburgh.

Our Fifty Fabulous Falkirk Froebel cohort 3, have began studying are from ten of our wonderful Falkirk Early Learning and Childcare and school settings which are:

• Antonine Primary School
  • Bainsford Primary School
  • Bo’ness Primary School
  • Bonnypark Early Learning and Childcare Centre
  • Denny Early Learning and Childcare Centre
  • Easter Carmuirs Primary School
  • Sacred Heart Primary School
  • St Margaret’s Primary School
  • St Patrick’s Primary School
  • Whitecross Primary School

A further eight settings who currently have Froebel trained staff (Froebelians) will be building capacity in relation to the volume of Froebelian practitioners as we promote and advocate career long professional development to support best practice for our young children and families.

The following settings are:

• Bankier Primary School
  • Carronshore Primary School
  • Head of Muir Primary School
  • Larbert Village Primary School
  • Larbert Early Learning and Childcare Centre
  • Nethermains Primary School
  • Queen Street Early Learning and Childcare Centre
  • St Mary’s Primary School                                                                                                                                 I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your motivation and commitment to study through the Froebel and Childhood pathway. I have no doubt that you will all embrace the opportunities that this will bring to you as individuals and your Early Years and Early Primary communities.

Tina Bruce reminds us… “Link always Link” This is at the heart of our Current and Future Developments of Froebel in Falkirk.

Our Froebel Friends

The Edinburgh Froebel Network

http://edinburghfroebelnetwork.org.uk  

If you would like to find out further information about the Froebel in Childhood Practice Certificate Course, please click the link to website of The University of Edinburgh, Moray House School of Education and Sport.

https://www.ed.ac.uk/education/professional-learning/intensive-courses/froebel

If you would like to find out further information about the MSc Education Early Childhood Practice and Froebel Pathway:The University of Edinburgh, Moray House School of Education and Sport.

Please find information about the Pathway programme here: http://www.ed.ac.uk/education/early-childhood

A principled approach to childhood

Click the link below to visit the Froebel Trust homepage
https://www.froebel.org.uk

Click the link below to access the Froebel Trust Pamphlets https://www.froebel.org.uk/pamphlets/  

September 2019 – Sacha Powell, Chief Executive Officer, Froebel Trust, travelled from London and visited Falkirk Froebel to hear our Story.