Biodiversity by P5Mac

P5Mac have been learning about biodiversity. We were given a homework task to make our own mini garden. We asked classes to come and see our mini gardens. We also wrote instructions telling people how we made our gardens.

10 thoughts on “Biodiversity by P5Mac”

1. the classes gave us sticki notes everybody got more than one it was fun we also done felly boxes after the classes looked at the boxes the went to our felly boxes and put their hand in them somebody thought there was little bug and spiders in them but we werent aloud to put insexts in them we had a good time.

2. we had a homework task and we made minnie gardens and asked classes if they would come and look at all of them.

3. It was really fun doing the mini gardens and also its fun to write instructoins about the mini boxes for like how we made the mini gardens it was fun.

4. primary 5 mac had a homework task they had to make a garden that included biodiversity we got two weeks to do it and everyone made a gardin and brung it in .

5. Your mini gardens are excilent and fantastic i liked owain’s and jamies most and the potatoes was lovely with cheese on it mmm!!!
    I’m very happy about all the vegetables growing in the garden.

6. Hello P5Mac,

Biodiversity is an interesting topic. I often walk in the Australian bush and am fascinated by the plants and animals I see.

Every walk, I scare kangaroos and wallabies from where they lie in the sun, see the occasional wombat, listen to the song of lyrebirds and the chatter of many birds, observe insects and enjoy the trees, bushes and flowers. At the right time of year, I can even disturb numerous butterflies sunny themselves in the morning warmth.

Mini-gardens are a very interesting way of studying biodiversity. We can see how animals and plants interact. In the soil, there is life we can’t see without the use of microscopes.

We live in an amazing world.

Ross Mannell (teacher)
    NSW, Australia