Hobbies!

Some of Primary 7V have been blogging about their hobbies. You can read their posts here. You can also click on their ‘Weemee’s’ to visit their individual blogs.

weebethanyr.png Bethany has been writing about her interest in drawing.

Miss law is the student that is in our class at the moment and she is really cool! ) She has great ideas for work and likes to draw. We started up a drawing club when she came as she is such a brilliant drawer and we want her to help us and give us some tips! Its quite fun and sometimes people come out with some pretty good pieces of art work!”

pencils   Pencils

She’s also considering taking up photography after our visit from John. She wrote:

“……even just having photography as a hobbie would be good, taking pictures of anything. I think that being a photographer would be quite expensive though ( so i dont know how much I would be willing to pay just for a hobbie!”

wee-fraserm.pngFraserM wrote a great post about his hobbies. He wrote:

“I have quite a lot of hobbies but my two favourite are probably guitar and football. Football is my favourite hobby. I play football at the park with my friends and I also play with a football team called Gairdoch United. I play defense and I don’t score many goals. I used to play up front and then midfield but now I play defense.

My other hobby is guitar. I’ve been  playing for about five years. I play the guitar below.

Its a black statacaster. I got it last year for my birthday from my Uncle Andy, Auntie Fiona, and my two cousins Kirsten and Kieran.”

weerhianne.jpgRhiann loves to perform on the stage. She wrote:

“At the Falkirk childrens theatre that i’m in. We are doing Treasure Island. I auditioned for one of the principal parts but I got in the chorus instead. Oh well it doesn’t really matter if i’m not a principal. I could maybe try another time. Anyway i’m a sailor in the chorus which should be quite good because there is pirates as well as sailors in the chorus. I would rather be a sailor anyway because they are cleaner than pirates and i would say they are easier to play as a part. So i can’t wait to see the costumes and to do the show in April, it’s going to be great. In May there is a Big in Falkirk show they do every year so i’m going to be going to audition that and hope i get into it. I don’t know what show they are doing for it be it should be good. At christmas we are doing Oliver which is a really gd film so i can’t wait to audition for that either. All the shows that they are doing this year sound really gd and i hope i get a main part as one of them. lol I think  The Falkirk childrens theatre is a gd theatre to go to. )

wee-sophie.pngSophie just loves Art. Everyone in class is always amazed by her wonderful pictures! She wrote:

“My hobbie is art. In art there are lots of different things to do such as drawing cutting sticking colouring and more.

The benefit of my hobbie is that I can hang my art work on the wall and make my house look nice. The person involved with my art work is my art teacher. You need equipment for art for example paint brushes, paper, scissors, glue and more. The best feature about art is the way in which you can express your feelings in a creative way. You could also sell your paintings for money.

I would recommend my hobby to others because no matter what skill level you are, you can make something fabulous and feel a real sense of acheivement!!”

We’d love to know what others do in their spare time. Leave a comment and let us know!

5 thoughts on “Hobbies!”

1. Thanks Mrs V! 😀

Ye i think it is better when i think of something instantly.I hope you like my new idea it is kinda like my thought of the day idea 🙂

your very inspirational thanks for your help 🙂

bye xx

2. Wow 🙂
    I really like your caracters you desingned and how creativley you made your hobbie writing and the way you
    set it out on the page . I will be looking forward
    to making my own wee character so see if you can hop on my blog at
    http://www.dushan.learnerblogs.org :mrgreen:
    P.S. how do you make it

3. Hi
    Those guitars look so cool i wish i could touch them. :mrgreen:
    Rhiann i love to perform on stage to, it’s so exiting. 😎
    Sophie i like art as well it’s better than doing maths all day and it’s colourful.:)

See ya Lilly
    😀